- What sort of businesses is Asset Rental suitable for?
- Asset Rental is very flexible and therefore suitable for the majority of long term rental businesses.
- I run two businesses, one from a single location and one from multiple locations. Can I use Asset Rental for both?
- Yes you can. Asset Rental can be used to run multiple businesses at single or multiple locations. These features come as standard.
- My business requires me to make regular deliveries of consumable items to my customers. Can Asset Rental do this for me?
- Yes it can. Asset Rental makes it easy to automatically create regular consumable orders.
- What are the minimum hardware requirements to run Asset Rental?
- Minimum Hardware Requirements for the Asset Rental Client
Operating System: Win XP
Processor: Pentium III or equivalent running at a minimum of 1 GHz or higher
Memory: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB available
Recommended Hardware Requirements for the Asset Rental Client
Operating System: Win XP, Windows Vista or 7. Best visual appearance is achieved with Windows Vista or 7.
Processor: Pentium Duo or equivalent at 1.5 GHz or higher
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB Available
Microsoft SQL Server comes with its own set of requirements which can be found here for Microsoft Server SQL 2005, here for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and here for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
If you are planning to run the Asset Rental data server and client on the same machine, a system specification equivalent to the Client Recommended System Requirements should be used.
- What operating systems do you support?
- Asset Rental currently supports the 32bit and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Where does Asset Rental store it's data?
- In a local Microsoft SQL Server database over which you have complete control.
- What database servers can I use?
- Asset Rental supports all versions of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 including the free Express editions.
- Do I need a separate server to run Asset Rental?
- No, while Asset Rental is capable of accessing the database on a separate server, both the Asset Rental database and client can be run on the same machine if required.
- Can I connect to the Asset Rental database remotely?
- Yes, Asset Rental has the ability to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server using a VPN connection.
- Do I require an internet connection?
- Yes, an internet connection is required to perform remote support and installation.
- What additional 3rd party packages do you integrate with?
- Asset Rental currently integrates with Microsoft Excel 2007 & 2010, Microsoft Word 2007 & 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2007 & 2010, Skype 220.127.116.11, Sage Instant Versions 15, 16 & 17 and QAS Pro 6.10 Address Software. More information can be found here.
- How do you display your Business Intelligence Reports?
- They are displayed as pivot tables and charts within Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Business intelligence reports require SQL Server Standard Edition or above.
- What countries is the software available in?
- Currently only English speaking countries are supported, although the software is capable of supporting other languages. To find out if your language is going to be supported soon please use our contact form.
- Is it hard to learn to use Asset Rental?
- While there is a learning curve for any new software, Asset Rental has been developed to be easy to learn and use. This is achieved by context sensitive help, logical screen layout and intelligent protection from mistakes in data entry.
- Do you offer installation services?
- Yes we do. For a nominal charge we will remotely install Micrsoft SQL Server, the Asset Rental database software and the Asset Rental client software. For more information about your specific requirements please use our contact form.
- Do you offer support?
- Yes we do. You can purchase a 12 month support subscription at a cost of 20% of the licence charge which includes:
Although site visits are not included within the support subscription they can be negotiated separately.
- Access to the member's only area of the website
- Access to the community forum
- Access to the incident reporting system
- Telephone support Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm (UK Local Time)
- Can I use my logo on invoices?
- Yes, if you provide us with a Word document template which contains your company logo we will use it to create your own branded invoice.
- How many branded documents will I get with my purchase?
- A maximum of 5 branded documents is included in the price of Asset Rental. Extra documents are available for an additional charge.
- What type of branded documents can I have?
- Provided you supply us with Word document templates we can provide you with many different types of documents including direct debit mandates, user guides, welcome packs, delivery notes, invoices and documents for general correspondence such as notifying customers of a price increase.
- I saw on the screenshots for your product references to managed assets and scheduled orders. What are these?
- A managed asset is the term we use to describe the items you rent to your customers, while managed asset scheduled orders are the orders scheduled to be created automatically for them. Managed asset scheduled orders could typically be used for things like service visits or rental charges. Consumable scheduled orders are regular orders created automatically for the delivery of consumables to your customers.